failing tests

Hi, I'm new here. I just cloned the rails git repository and tried to run all tests without making any changes. Some tests failed, like below. Is anyone else seeing this or is it something with my environment? I'm on Mac OS 10.5, ruby 1.8.7.

1) Error: test_error_messages_for_given_a_header_option_it_does_not_translate_header_message(ActiveRecordHelperI18nTest): ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments (2 for 1)     ./test/../lib/action_view/helpers/active_record_helper.rb:174:in `respond_to?'     ./test/../lib/action_view/helpers/active_record_helper.rb:174:in `flatten'     ./test/../lib/action_view/helpers/active_record_helper.rb:174:in `error_messages_for'     ./test/template/active_record_helper_i18n_test.rb:19:in `test_error_messages_for_given_a_header_option_it_does_not_translate_header_message'     ./test/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/testing/ setup_and_teardown.rb:94:in `__send__'     ./test/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/testing/ setup_and_teardown.rb:94:in `run'

Thanks!

-Gary

I have seen similar issues with ruby 1.8.7, it's always related to
coersing things to arrays. The ruby C code for array sends a second
param through, which is in the language spec just not widely used.

Does uninstalling mocha, or using 1.8.6 make all of them go away? If
so I'll try and dig out my old mocha patches.

Hope this is of help.

Does uninstalling mocha, or using 1.8.6 make all of them go away? If
so I'll try and dig out my old mocha patches.

Unistalling mocha makes it skip a bunch of tests, including the one that failed on my first run. Other tests fail wihout mocha installed.

When running all tests with Ruby 1.8.6, none of them fail. Mocha 0.9.1 was installed in both Ruby 1.8.6 and 1.8.7. Is this a bug in mocha?

Thanks,

-Gary

Hi Gary,   I couldn't find my original patches, but spoke to James M, the result
of this is here: http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=22630&group_id=1917&atid=7479

The respond_to_fix_2.diff should get rid of any errors you are seeing
simply from running 1.6.7 and mocha.

There may be other unrelated errors too, but this is all I needed last
time I was testing against 1.6.7. This was however about 2 months ago,
and I've not had 1.6.7 at the new job, so your mileage may vary.

I couldn't find my original patches, but spoke to James M, the result  

of this is here:http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=22630&group_id

The respond_to_fix_2.diff should get rid of any errors you are seeing
simply from running 1.6.7 and mocha.

After applying the patch to mocha, all tests pass under Ruby 1.8.7. Hopefully this patch will make it into the next mocha release.

Thank you!

-Gary

I couldn't find my original patches, but spoke to James M,
the result of this is here:http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=22630&group_id ...

The respond_to_fix_2.diff should get rid of any errors you are seeing simply from running 1.6.7 and mocha.

After applying the patch to mocha, all tests pass under Ruby 1.8.7.

Glad to hear it Gary!

Hopefully this patch will make it into the next mocha release.

Mr Mead said he was going to try and get it committed soon, but if all
else fails, I'll prod him on Monday.

Now lets get our Mocha related chatter out of the rails-core list
before someone shouts at us :wink:

I’ve applied this patch in revision 353 and released it in v0.9.2.