Faild to update sqlite database using activerecord

Hi all, I was trying to update the JIS-encoded text in the databse to UTF-8 text but failed (For simplicity, I use "hello" & "world" in the test program below). Please point me the mistake I made here. Thanks.

#using sqlite ActiveRecord::Base::establish_connection (:adapter=>"sqlite3",:dbfile=>"the.db")

#try to do the update but failed rowid = 72 #it is the default unique ID in sqlite Basic.find(:all , :select=>"rowid , event_name ,text ",                    :conditions=>["rowid = ?",rowid]).each do |o|

puts "before modify"                 puts o.event_name                 puts o.text                 o.event_name = "hello"                 o.text = "world"                 puts "after modify before save"                 puts o.event_name                 puts o.text                 o.save                 #o.update_attribute(:event_name,"hello")         end         #confirm         Basic.find(:all , :select=>"rowid , event_name ,text ",                               :conditions=>["rowid = ?",rowid]).each do |o|                 puts "after save"                 puts o.rowid                 puts o.event_name                 puts o.text         end

output Log :

-->before modify >⒏Ⅲ罐る?L1B2nrDJ0楦?6I!Aん赏发!!?贽罂?Eg!A? B?L1B2?Jk楣|ん赏发??贽罂?Eg?J6Ah,@d(:?}踌耷?>@7<T?@i?M?D6国L1B2M;OB?L\;X?c<T10?M?|楦? I r;O a??c-DJNJ3F.rDI&?

-->after modify before save hello world

-->after save 72 >⒏Ⅲ罐る?L1B2nrDJ0楦?6I!Aん赏发!!?贽罂?Eg!A? B?L1B2?Jk楣|ん赏发??贽罂?Eg?J6Ah,@d(:?}踌耷?>@7<T?@i?M?D6国L1B2M;OB?L\;X?c<T10?M?|楦? Ir;Oa??c-DJNJ3F.rDI&?

Basic.find(:all , :select=>"rowid , event_name ,text ",                    :conditions=>["rowid = ?",rowid]).each do |o|

Is rowid your primary key (and if so have you told active record that it is) ? if not then your save is failing because you haven't selected the primary key. Also check that you don't have any failing validations

Fred

I forgot to specify the primary key as rowid.

Thanks , Fred.