Execute cap deploy:migrations fails

Hi there, I am trying to deploy a rails app on dreamhost.

Here is the error message that I get:

fatal: 'home/USER_NAME/DOMAIN_NAME/git/APPLICATION_NAME.git': unable to chdir or not a git archive fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly /Users/USER/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/capistrano-2.5.3/lib/capistrano/recipes/ deploy/scm/git.rb:224:in `query_revision': Unable to resolve revision for 'master' on repository

I am using Capistrano v2.5.3, Rails 2.2 and Git v1.6

I ran deploy:setup and deploy:check successfully. I get the following message when I run deploy:check command "You appear to have all necessary dependencies installed".

Here is my deploy script

default_run_options[:pty] = true

# be sure to change these set :user, 'USER_NAME' set :domain, 'DOMAIN_NAME' set :application, 'APP_NAME'

# the rest should be good set :repository, "#{user}@#{domain}:home/#{user}/#{domain}/git/# {application}.git" set :deploy_to, "/home/#{user}/#{domain}" set :deploy_via, :remote_cache set :scm, 'git' set :branch, 'master' set :git_shallow_clone, 1 set :scm_verbose, true set :use_sudo, false

server domain, :app, :web role :db, domain, :primary => true

namespace :deploy do   task :restart do     run "touch #{current_path}/tmp/restart.txt"   end end

I am guessing my path to my git repository is incorrect but I checked many ... many times and this is my path on my host.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Olivier

Try to remove the "set :deploy_via, :remote_cache", could never get it to work.

Looking at the print from capistrano:

fatal: 'home/USER_NAME/DOMAIN_NAME/git/APPLICATION_NAME.git': unable ???

That just does not look right.

From the host where you have capistrano are you able to run git clone and the git url ?

Here is a git example url

set :repository, "git@github.com:username/projectname.git"