Error loading fixtures with classes that set_table_name

Hi all,

I just hit a big wall involving a legacy database. I've got an active record class called "School" that uses "set_table_name 'old_school'" to map to a legacy database table:

class School < ActiveRecord::Base   set_table_name 'old_school' end

It works great, until I'm testing and I want to use fixtures. I've got a fixtures file called "old_school.yml" that doesn't load. Following some googled advice (http://www.missiondata.com/blog/uncategorized/80/rails-fixtures-with-models-using-set_table_name/) I learned that I had to use set_fixture_class to be able to map the fixture back to the class name:

# in test_helper.rb class Test::Unit::TestCase   self.use_transactional_fixtures = true   self.use_instantiated_fixtures = false

set_fixture_class :old_school => School

fixtures :all end

Seems like it ought to work, but the fixtures still don't load!

Looking in my test.log I find:

Unable to load old_school, underlying cause no such file to load -- old_school

/Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require' /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:509:in `require' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:354:in `new_constants_in' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:509:in `require' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:101:in `require_or_load' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:60:in `depend_on' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:456:in `require_dependency' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.0/lib/active_record/fixtures.rb:855:in `try_to_load_dependency' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.0/lib/active_record/fixtures.rb:870:in `require_fixture_classes' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.0/lib/active_record/fixtures.rb:867:in `each' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.0/lib/active_record/fixtures.rb:867:in `require_fixture_classes' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.0/lib/active_record/fixtures.rb:850:in `fixtures' ./test/test_helper.rb:15 test/functional/admin_controller_test.rb:1:in `require' test/functional/admin_controller_test.rb:1

If I "require 'school'" by hand, it makes no difference. The fixtures still don't load.

Has anybody run in to this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Brent

Use a string, not a class, so 'School', instead of School

Of course!

You know, in hindsight, that seems rather trivially simple. I have no idea why I didn't try that way back when. Moron award for me. :+)

Thanks! I'm happy to resume full testing now. :slight_smile:

Brent

Tim Connor wrote: