ActiveRecord Fixture class name conflict

Hi All,

I posted a ticket to the lighthouse (link below), but I realized that this might be a better place for discussion of an issue.

I work on a large Rails application which, unfortunately, has an extensively used Fixture model. Also unfortunately we just recently started building up our testing suite and as we've been trying to test our Fixture model, we've been having issues because the Fixture class which is used in ActiveRecord to load yaml/csv fixtures is overwriting the initialize method (perhaps others).

From looking into the ActiveRecord source, it seems like it would be much less work to namespace the Fixture class inside a module than rename our model. In addition, other users of Rails would be able to have a "Fixture" model. I'm willing to do the work and to submit a patch, but I wanted some advice first. Should I namespace just the Fixture class, or should I namespace the other classes inside the fixtures.rb file as well? Should I just put them inside of the ActiveRecord module?

Thanks, Brian ;p

https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/6098-activerecord-fixture-class#ticket-6098-1

I for one would expect all classes/modules in the activerecord Gem to be namespaced under ActiveRecord::* namespace.

Hi,

I've responded in the ticket. I agree that it should be namespaced, and if you can make a patch for it that would be really awesome.

Thanks,

Prem

Great, then I'll work on a patch to put all of the classes in the fixture.rb file under the ActiveRecord module

Thanks, Brian ;p