Dynamically call object instances

Hi --

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Well, the send() syntax that David mentioned would work for that, but if @user is an ActiveRecord object, then you can also pretend it's a hash and do @user[params[:variable]] .

Thanks for the reply, your suggestion did indeed work.

The fact that you're asking these questions indicates that you need to review your basic Ruby and Rails topics. These are elementary questions.

And the last time I checked this forum was open to anybody that wanted to ask a legitimate RoR question - noobie or otherwise - and while I will admit that I am no ruby expert I am far from a noobie. I have answered many questions for beginners of this forum without pointing out that "[t]hese are elementary questions" or saying that "you need to review your basic Ruby and Rails topics." I have done this because I was once where many people who come to this forum are - without a clue in the world and simply trying to better my skill set in the programming field by trying to learn something knew, and, in my opinion, pretty freakin' cool. Moreover, I have found this forum extremely helpful and an extremely valuable resource because I have felt comfortable to ask questions that I didn't know the answer to - beginner or no - without people openly degrading me or other people by saying. . . well, what you said in your reply. If I had ever thought that for one moment, that somebody was asking a question that anybody who had read the first 5 pages of a beginning RoR book should, you know what, I kept it to myself.