div and loop help

Hello,   I want to display a effect.slidedown in a table. I have a table called contactnotes.

<table> <%@contactnotes.each do |contact|%> <tr> <td><%= link_to(@person.first_name, "#", html_options={:onclick => "Effect.SlideDown('show_details_of_contact_note'); return false;"})%></td> </tr> ... <tr>

<div id="show_details_of_contact_note" style="display:none; width:auto; height:auto; background:#ccc; text-align:center;"> <div>

<% message = contact.message %> </div> </div>

<%end%> </table>

When i click for the slidedown link The contents of the div i.e. contact.message does not change as per the loop,. Can anyone please help me.

Hello, I want to display a effect.slidedown in a table. I have a table called contactnotes.

<table> <%...@contactnotes.each do |contact|%> <tr> <td><%= link_to(@person.first_name, "#", html_options={:onclick => "Effect.SlideDown('show_details_of_contact_note'); return false;"})%></td>

should be "new Effect.SlideDown ..."

</tr> ... <tr>

<div id="show_details_of_contact_note" style="display:none; width:auto; height:auto; background:#ccc; text-align:center;"> <div>

<% message = contact.message %> </div> </div>

<%end%>

It might not like the fact that you are not closing the <tr> above, and i believe it is also a requirement that a <tr> should only contain <td> elements.

Fred

tml_options={:onclick =>

"Effect.SlideDown('show_details_of_contact_note'); return false;"})%></td>

should be "new Effect.SlideDown ..."

</div>

<%end%>

It might not like the fact that you are not closing the <tr> above, and i believe it is also a requirement that a <tr> should only contain <td> elements.

Fred

hi, Sorry that was a typing error.. I have closed the <tr> tag..