Display specific field that has duplicate name to other table

HI TO ALL

I want to display a specific field in my VIEW but they have the same FIELD name..For example, th id in the PAYMENTS table and the id in the SUGGESTS table have the same field name... I want to be able to display the correct PAYMENTS id and correct SUGGESTS id.. My Database is big im having a hard time to trace..which id it belongs to.

In my ruby on rails action or method Controller: def print_two_table @p = Pay.find_by_sql("SELECT p.id, p.topic, s.id, s.income, s.price FROM pays as P LEFT OUTER JOIN suggests AS s ON s.b_id = p.b_id WHERE p.created_at BETWEEN '2008-03-04' AND '2008-07-06' ") end

In my View action or method:

<%= @p.each do |form| %> <%= form.income %><br /> <%= form.id %> <br /> <%= form.income %><br /> <% end %>

It gives me the wrong id i want to display..I want to display id in payments.

HI TO ALL

I want to display a specific field in my VIEW but they have the same FIELD name..For example, th id in the PAYMENTS table and the id in the SUGGESTS table have the same field name... I want to be able to display the correct PAYMENTS id and correct SUGGESTS id.. My Database is big im having a hard time to trace..which id it belongs to.

In my ruby on rails action or method Controller: def print_two_table @p = Pay.find_by_sql("SELECT p.id, p.topic, s.id, s.income, s.price FROM pays as P LEFT OUTER JOIN suggests AS s ON s.b_id = p.b_id WHERE p.created_at BETWEEN '2008-03-04' AND '2008-07-06' ") end

If you're going to do it like this (rather than using associations) you're going to need to alias the column names (ie select s.id as suggest_id)

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote in post #992073:

Frederick Cheung wrote in post #992073:

>> In my ruby on rails action or method Controller: >> def print_two_table >> @p = Pay.find_by_sql("SELECT p.id, p.topic, s.id, s.income, s.price FROM >> pays as P LEFT OUTER JOIN suggests AS s ON s.b_id = p.b_id WHERE >> p.created_at BETWEEN '2008-03-04' AND '2008-07-06' ") >> end > If you're going to do it like this (rather than using associations) > you're going to need to alias the column names (ie select s.id as > suggest_id)

> Fred

Uhm..I have already made the necessary relationships..do you have any idea how i can be able to display the proper id want to display?

Well you're not using them. if you were You'd do something like Pay.where( ...).includes(:suggests) and then iterate over your pay objects and their associated suggest objects. If you don't want to do that then like I said you need to alias the ambiguous column names so that they aren't ambiguous anymore.

Fred