Dispatcher.reset_application! alternative in RoR 2

In console mode, I used to be able to reset everything (to test changes in models for example) by using the Dispatcher method 'reset_application!'.

That is, if I was testing the functionality of a model using the console (script/console), when I made a change to the model, the effect would only take effect at the console if I either exitted the console and restarted it, or I ran Dispatcher.reset_application!. Obviously the latter is preferable, but it does not seem to work in Rails 2.

Is there an alternative way to do this, or am I forced to exit and run script/console again?

In console mode, I used to be able to reset everything (to test
changes in models for example) by using the Dispatcher method 'reset_application!'.

That is, if I was testing the functionality of a model using the
console (script/console), when I made a change to the model, the effect would only take effect at the console if I either exitted the console and restarted it, or I ran Dispatcher.reset_application!. Obviously the latter is preferable, but it does not seem to work in Rails 2.

Is there an alternative way to do this, or am I forced to exit and run script/console again?

reload!

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

reload!

Fred

Splendid!

Rob