reload! in console?

hi Guys

I'm doing changes to a model, and testing the changes interactively in the console. After saving a change to the model I use 'reload!' in the console. It seems that the objects that I were working with still exist in the console, but in some weird state and I cant really work with them. So I have to reinstantiate the objects again with a Object.find...

This is a pain - is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Pieter

hi Guys

I'm doing changes to a model, and testing the changes interactively in the console. After saving a change to the model I use 'reload!' in the console. It seems that the objects that I were working with still exist in the console, but in some weird state and I cant really work with them. So I have to reinstantiate the objects again with a Object.find...

None that I know of. Reloading basically discards the existing classes and loads a fresh copies. Existing objects are however still instances of those zombied classes.

Fred

Pieter Hugo wrote:

hi Guys

Yes. Don't rely so much on interactive testing; use RSpec and Autotest instead.

Thanks!

Pieter

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Pieter Hugo wrote:

hi Guys

Yes. Don't rely so much on interactive testing; use RSpec and Autotest instead.

Thanks for the comments guys. I know I need to get into proper testing. My usage case is really while I am busy writing the model. Would be great if reload! also reloaded the objects I have created in the session.

Lemme look into Autotest....

Cheers from South Africa!