Disable routing?

I have a Rails application that a couple of folders in the root (of public) for Wordpress and Mediawiki that I want to completely exclude from Rails routing. How do I have the routing function of my Rails app ignore anything in the /blog or /wiki directories?

Example:

When someone types in http://mydomain.com/blog, I want the Rails app's routing to ignore it.

Thanks, Chris

I have a Rails application that a couple of folders in the root (of public) for Wordpress and Mediawiki that I want to completely exclude from Rails routing. How do I have the routing function of my Rails app ignore anything in the /blog or /wiki directories?

Example:

When someone types inhttp://mydomain.com/blog, I want the Rails app's routing to ignore it.

Typically you don't do this inside rails, you do this in apache, nginx etc. by telling it to only proxy through to rails what you want to through (so normally you would let nginx or apache handle static files)

Fred

Thanks Fred, but it's a shared hosting environment, and I don't have access to anything outside my /home area.

I'm looking for a way to tell Rails routing, "Ignore these two directories."

Thanks Fred, but it's a shared hosting environment, and I don't have access to anything outside my /home area.

That's not necessarily a problem. For example if you were using apache the a .htaccess in the DocumentRoot of your website can do things like that.

I'm looking for a way to tell Rails routing, "Ignore these two directories."

I'm pretty sure that by the time Rails has got the request it's too late - rails isn't going to load php to execute your wordpress app for example.d?

Fred

You don't have to worry. Rails runs as the 404 handler, so only handles files that do not exist in the normal web server html area. So, if the php file exists, it should take precedence over rails. Think of how the index.html file has to be removed from a new rails app to get it started.

I'd set a catchall route so that Rails would notice missing files in those applications.

Brendon.