deprec is a new rubygem to make deployment of your Rails app with
Capistrano a breeze.
This recipe installs everything you need to prepare an Ubuntu linux
6.06 server to host
your Rails application:
- apache 2.2 with mod_proxy_balancer
- mongrel & mongrel cluster
These six steps will get your app running on a server:
deprec --apply-to . --name projectname --domain www.projectname.com
# edit config/deploy.rb to put in details of your subversion repository
Planned for future releases:
- postfix with virtual hosts and smtp-auth
- custom tasks for specific VPS providers
- host based firewall setup
- support for other OS/distributions/versions
Check out my blog for more info.