date_select with Searchlogic

I am aware that date selects params are supposed to supported by Searchlogic.

But I'm battling to get them working.

I am using one of the named_scopes that it makes, and it works perfectly in the console:

User.created_at_gte(1.year.ago)

this behaves as expected.

In my view I have this:

- form_for @search do |f|   Surname   =f.text_field :surname_like   Age between   =f.text_field :age_gte   =f.text_field :age_lte   Joined after   =f.date_select :created_at_gte

=f.submit "Search"

the error I get is when actually using the field, I get this error: The is not a valid condition. You may only use conditions that map to a named scope

and the params are:

{"commit"=>"Search", "search"=>{"created_at_gte(1i)"=>"2011", "created_at_gte(2i)"=>"2", "created_at_gte(3i)"=>"25", "age_gte"=>"5", "order"=>"", "surname_like"=>"", "age_lte"=>"25"}}

Now unless I'm wrong, searchlogic should be able to parse the params with their date groups. Or it's just being stupid and thinking "created_at_gte(1i)" is a named scope. In which case I'm going to have to alter the params to make it friendly for searchlogic.

anythink I'm missing?

+1, hit this nail right on today :frowning:

William Yeung wrote:

+1, hit this nail right on today :frowning:

Sorry for the late reply, u probably moved on from this.

I got a method that takes all the date params from the params and changes them to a friendlier version.

def parse_date_params(param_hash)     hash = param_hash.clone     regexp = /(.+)\((\d)[a-zA-Z]\)/     dates_arrays = hash.select{|key, value| key.to_s.match(regexp) }

hash.delete_if{|key, value| key.to_s.match(regexp) }

add_to_hash = {}

dates_arrays.each do |a|       matchdata = a[0].match(regexp)       # check for all three.       add_to_hash[matchdata[1]] ? add_to_hash[matchdata[1]][matchdata[2]] = a[1] : add_to_hash[matchdata[1]] = {matchdata[2] => a[1]}     end

add_to_hash.each_pair { |key, value| hash[key] = Date.civil(value["1"].to_i, value["2"].to_i,value["3"].to_i)}

return hash   end

let me know if that helps.