Date and Time in Ruby

Hi all,

I got a requirement where i should send mail to user based on the time they set to deliver the mail.

In my user table i have notification time which will be saved as 1,2,3,4,5... for options that they select.

Now I have the following options-

Daily 10Am Daily 3pm Weekly Monday 2PM.

So please help me on how to get these values date and time using ruby.

Have you *tried* using an Internet search engine? What results did you get that failed to help you achieve your goal?

I just Googled "ruby date time parse string" and got hundreds of results that looked like they would address your problem :-/

Hey,

I dont have much Idea but I tried this for my application

Police Search.

t=Time.now t.split(" ")[3] you will get the ruby time format

As far as I can see, Time does not respond to ".split"

My Dear Friend,

Here is the executed code for time irb(main):001:0> t=Time.now => Fri Jan 20 14:47:46 +0530 2012 irb(main):002:0> t=t.to_s => “Fri Jan 20 14:47:46 +0530 2012” irb(main):003:0> t.split(" “) => [“Fri”, “Jan”, “20”, “14:47:46”, “+0530”, “2012”] irb(main):004:0> t.split(” ")[3] => “14:47:46”

So you've added a ".to_s" that you didn't mention before... :wink:

But wouldn't it be easier to do :   Time.now.strftime("%T") ?

But either way, you're not addressing the OP, as that was regarding turning String into Time, not Time to String.

ok!!! cool dude

I got it we can use like this str=10 am t=Time.parse(str) t.split(" ")[3]

ok!!! cool dude

I got it we can use like this str=10 am

You really should try stuff like this before you post it: $ rails c Loading development environment (Rails 3.0.5) ruby-1.8.7-p302 > str=10 am SyntaxError: compile error (irb):1: syntax error, unexpected tIDENTIFIER, expecting $end   from (irb):1 ruby-1.8.7-p302 >

Colin