data not being saved

I am trying to save data entered in a form and nothing seems to be saving. What do you I have to look at to ensure everything is set-up correctly? I have looked in my database.yml file and all looks good and the database that I am trying to use exist. Thanks,

-S

Shandy Nantz wrote:

I am trying to save data entered in a form and nothing seems to be
saving. What do you I have to look at to ensure everything is set-up
correctly? I have looked in my database.yml file and all looks good and
the database that I am trying to use exist. Thanks,
-S

`T``here should be a lot of good information in your log files like what was sent to the controller and what the sql for accessing the database looked like. It sounds like you did not get an error which means that your parameters and sql were ok. I would suspect you somehow are looking for your data in the wrong place.

When you say it is not saving, do you mean that it is not fetched if you try to list it (or do something like a=Type.find :all in a script/console window).

`

[4;35;1mUser Load (0.000000) [0m [0mSELECT * FROM users WHERE (users.email IS NULL) LIMIT 1 [0m

this looks suspicious, (I'm guessing it's a query from validates_uniqueness_of) - it looks like your controller is looking for params in the wrong place. the logs show that nothing attempted to write the data at all, usually this is because of a failed validation.

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote: