css.scss file changes don't do anything now

Using Rails 3.2

Finally got my app to run on Heroku --cedar I am using Blueprint so had to add config.assets.precompile += %w( blueprint/screen.css blueprint/print.css blueprint/ie.css) to environments/production to get a complete asset precompile of vendor assets. Used RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake assets:precompile to precompile

Now, even though the layout of the app is correct based on the current layout.css.scss file in assets/stylesheets, any modifications I make to this file are not having any effect. This is on my local server (http://0.0.0.0:3000/) - not Heroku.

I tried recompiling the assets after making changes but this did not help, and I think I only need to precompile for production. I am still learning about the asset pipeline

- any ideas why editing the stylesheet doesn't do anything. I know its probably something pretty stupid I'm missing...

Thanks

Dave Castellano

It seems that “RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake assets:precompile” compiles the assets production and since you are in development… try to run bundle exec rake assets:precompile without the environment to see if it works.

No, that didn't help. I would assume rails uses the uncompiled files in development env as those are the files that are edited in development (assets/stylesheets/***) The compiled files are in the public folder and not in an easily editable format. Maybe there is a cache I don't know about???

Dave Castellano wrote in post #1042404:

No, that didn't help. I would assume rails uses the uncompiled files in development env as those are the files that are edited in development (app/assets/stylesheets/***) The compiled files are in the public folder and not in an easily editable format. Maybe there is a cache I don't know about???

Reread the Pipeline ApI but still no clue and still cant get changes to the layout.css.scss file to effect the pages when modified. Looks like the file is no longer being used. There most be a copy of it somewhere that is being used now... does anyone know if the precompiled files in public could be the new css.scss source files, even in development mode?

Thanks