CRITICAL - DB Adapters - Syntax Errors

Anyone else notice that changeset 5980[1] hosed several of the db adapters?

Specifically: activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/frontbase_adapter.rb activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/openbase_adapter.rb activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/oracle_adapter.rb

Someone has already filed a ticket and a patch to fix these:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/7161

[1] - http://dev.rubyonrails.org/changeset/5980

-Jonathan

Yes! David moved the opening { of the hash up a line, after the # nodoc, so it's effectively a comment.

Hold the presses!

Yes! David moved the opening { of the hash up a line, after the # nodoc, so it's effectively a comment.

Hold the presses!

Patch applied, gem repushed. Thanks for spotting this before I announced 1.2 :wink:

Jonathan Younger wrote:

Anyone else notice that changeset 5980[1] hosed several of the db adapters?

Note that this wasn't caught by my AR/Oracle autotest because the change was made only on the 1.2 branch, and not on trunk.

What does it take to get new database support into ActiveRecord? I have had my InterBase patch on the patch list for a month now (I updated it on 23/12) and there has been no activity… It is extremely well tested, is there a stop on adding more databases to ActiveRecord? Is the plan to get people to fork of 1.2 and make it available to people?

Just wondering…

Thanks Richard

What does it take to get new database support into ActiveRecord? I have had my InterBase patch on the patch list for a month now (I updated it on 23/12) and there has been no activity... It is extremely well tested, is there a stop on adding more databases to ActiveRecord? Is the plan to get people to fork of 1.2 and make it available to people?

Once concern with new adapters is that they tend to fall into disrepair, the best way to alleviate that concern is to setup a continuous integration system as the oracle and sql server adapters has.

But another concern is how widely will it be used, have you distributed this adapter as a plugin? Are there many production applications in use?

Apart from my assurances that the InterBase adapter will not fall into disrepair, I’m not sure what else I can provide.

Is InterBase in wide production use or InterBase on Rails? Not on Rails as I have only distributed it as a patch - after it has been extensively tested and used. It is certainly a whole lot better than the Firebird and ostensibly, SQL Server adapters, I use it continually myself, one of the core systems for product pricing management at Codegear (who own InterBase) will run on Rails (when I finish it). Do you do work with Nahum in Wellington? You can ask him about it.

Thanks Richard