Creating Complex ActiveResource objects

Given the following models:

class Uptime < ActiveRecord::Base   has_many :pings end

class Ping < ActiveRecord::Base   belongs_to :uptime end

I can create an ActiveResource that will get the uptimes and ping models:

class UptimeResource < ActiveResource::Base   self.site = "http://localhost:3000"   self.element_name = "uptime" end

class PingResource < UptimeResource   self.element_name = "ping" end

If the information exists in the database, I can do UptimeResource.find(1).pings and get a list of pings. But how can I create pings besides creating an UptimeResource and then creating the pings separately. I am trying to save the XML into an XML Database and bypass a relational database (client requirements). I wish I had something like CouchDB_fu but for XML databases...

Is this a job for DataMapper? I am open to any strategy. Swift kicks to the head welcome.

Carl

Yes you would normally update pings as they occur, unless your thinking of submitting a xml and doing a bulk update. So the "pinger" is doing a butch of pings, then sending the results to the backend? Then you just need to convert a local array to a xml file and submit it to your Restful web app.

The "convert a local array to xml" is where I am running into issues. I keep trying to set a "pings" property but it isn't working. How do I shove that into the Uptime object so that they are all transmitted at the same time?