Cookies are not saved

Hi,

I'm developing my first RoR application and working first time with cookies on RoR.

I create a product object, save it and set the id into the cookie

def create     @image = Image.new(params[:image])

respond_to do |format|       if @image.save         @product = Product.new         @product.image_id = @image.id         @product.order_id = @order.id         @product.save         cookies[:product_id] = @product.id.to_s         flash[:notice] = 'Image was successfully created.'         format.html {redirect_to('/karte/waehlen')}         format.xml { render :xml => @image, :status => :created, :location => @image }       else         format.html { render :action => "new" }         format.xml { render :xml => @image.errors, :status => :unprocessable_entity }       end     end   end

Then I redirect to the "karte" controller and "waehlen" action

The karte controller looks like this

class KarteController < ApplicationController     def waehlen       @product = Product.find(cookies[:product_id])       @image = Image.find(@product.image_id)     end end

I try to get the product_id from the cookie.

The waehlen.html.erb looks like

<div id="formatCenterContainer">   <%= image_tag(@image.filename, :size => "190x153") %> </div>

I get a NoMethodError

You have a nil object when you didn't expect it! The error occurred while evaluating nil.filename

Extracted source (around line #12):

9: 10: </div> 11: <div id="formatCenterContainer"> 12: <%= image_tag(@image.filename, :size => "190x153") %>

I checked the Cookie folder on my filesystem. There is no Cookie.

Do I have activate cookies? I already browsed for the problem, but I find only information about read/write cookies and other options.

Cheers Adam