Cookie crazy

We have a site that does not really use any cookies. However, after login a cookie is set by a 3rd party company. Therefore, we are www.mycompany.com and they are www.3rdpartycompany.com. If the user pressed back and tries to login again the cookie is still stuck for www.3rdpartycompany.com and they fail. Is there a way to use cookies.delete or something like that to get rid of cookies from a site that is not ours? We do not want to read the value just delete it.

Cookies from 3rdpartycompany.com will not be sent to mycompany.com. Unless you mean something like 3rdpartysubdomain.mycompany.com which a cookie that is set for the mycompany.com domain. Either you're misinterpreting the situation or describing it incompletely/inaccurately here on the list.

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn http://agileconsultingllc.com Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com

What happens is this...you login and are sent to a 3rd party billing company. Therefore, you login at www.mycompany.com which sends you to www.billingcompany.com. At the www.billingcompany.com site they set a cookie...unfortunately, people keep pressing the back arrow.... and then they go forward and of course the cookie is already there and flips out there system.

I would like to say everytime you hit www.mycompany.com to delete the cookies for www.billingcompany.com.... I know they are not available when my browser is set to www.mycompany.com but they are available when www.billingcompany.com is open....so I want to clear them. Any ideas? This is not an easy one...I know that and it may not even be possible.