Controlling the URL generated after an action is performed

Above my listing partial I have a form_remote_tag that encompasses a few collection_selects for which the :submit => "Filter" action builds the appropriate :conditions for the database query. This works very well.

Below my listing partial I have my will_paginate page links. This works very well.

I have been unable to get the two to work together though, because will_paginate builds a URL of controller?page=... which trips up my Filter button somehow. In other words, if I'm not on page 1 (no pagination navigation links have been followed) my filter method is called properly. If I have used a pagination navigation link, my filter method ("do_filter") is listed in the development log this way: (No route matches "/do_filter" with {:method=>:post})

Conversely, if I have performed a filter, the pagination navigation links are built thusly, and so won't work: http://localhost:3000/controller/do_filter?page=2

I have moved all of this to AJAX with a do_filter.rjs that just does a page[:listing].reload

What more do I need to do to make sure the URLs getting passed around are correct? I'm not interested in search engines cacheing these page URLs as this is an internal project, and there's no good reason to even bookmark a specific page or filter condition. I just don't want the app blowing up when the user tries to go to page 2 of a filtered collection!

Thanks!!