Connecting Ruby on rails with MySQL

I am using Fedora 8 in my system and I have installed ruby, rails and mysql..Can anyone please explain the steps for connecting Ruby on Rails with MySQL.

Actually I am getting this problem $rake db.migrate (in /home/niket/depot) rake aborted! Don't know how to build task 'db.migrate'

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

E. Litwin wrote:

Make sure you use a color, not a period -> rake db:migrate

Have you setup your database.yml file to point to a Mysql server?

On Jun 19, 5:00�pm, Niketh Kumat <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

May I Know how we setup database.yml. Sir I have used this command to configure database.yml as in this way.. $ vim /configure/database.yml..but i am unable to access the contents of database.yml file. Can u please ezplain the steps how to read the contents of database.yml. and after that create a database

Dont mind Sir I am new to Linux and its getting me a bit tough to access the command prompt

Assuming you are in the root of your project in a terminal session

$ nano config/database.yml

Modify this section as necessary development:   adapter: mysql   database: [enter an existing db name]   username: [login]   password: [password]   host: [server or localhost]

Ctrl+o -> Enter to save changes Ctrl+x -> Quit

try rake db:migrate (the colon is important)

Christoph wrote:

try rake db:migrate (the colon is important)

On Jun 20, 2:00�am, Niketh Kumat <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

I am unable to get access to that file database.yml even though I tried as $ nano configure/database.yml..just a blank editor is opening. How to know the path where is this file stored

Christoph wrote: > try rake db:migrate (the colon is important)

> On Jun 20, 2:00 am, Niketh Kumat <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

I am unable to get access to that file database.yml even though I tried as $ nano configure/database.yml..just a blank editor is opening. How to know the path where is this file stored

just poke around the filesystem as you would normally (the file is in a folder called config, not configure (and you would of course need to have switched to your application's directory first))

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote: