Confusion to deploy project on windows

Hi,    I am a new guy in Ruby on rails. Basically I am a PHP Developer and xampp server have already installed in my windows pc.Also to learn Ruby on Rails,I have installed ruby1.9.2p180, rails 3.2.1, gem 1.8.15 and JetBrains RubyMine 3.1.1 . Now when I have written small code in RubyMine IDE and run, those have successfully run.so still no headache.    But trying to deploy in the server, I am confused. By the way, I have apache server and mysql server which is already installed during the installation of xampp server.    Now please guide me how to proceed....

Hi, I am a new guy in Ruby on rails. Basically I am a PHP Developer and xampp server have already installed in my windows pc.Also to learn Ruby on Rails,I have installed ruby1.9.2p180, rails 3.2.1, gem 1.8.15 and JetBrains RubyMine 3.1.1 . Now when I have written small code in RubyMine IDE and run, those have successfully run.so still no headache. But trying to deploy in the server, I am confused. By the way, I have apache server and mysql server which is already installed during the installation of xampp server. Now please guide me how to proceed....

Let me first apologise as you may think this reply is not what you want, but I think that your best way of proceeding is not to deploy on Windows at all. Much better to go for a Linux based server such as Ubuntu. You will certainly find it much easier to get help in that case.

Most would also say that it is easier to develop in a linux or Mac environment also.

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #1044298:

I don't know whether it is possible. Possibly someone here can help, otherwise you will have to start with google.

Do you really not have the option of Linux, or do you just think that the effort to learn about Linux is too much?

If you are employed to do this tell your employer that this is the wrong way to do it.

A good option for a public website is Heroku who provide an excellent Rails deployment service (free to get started).

Colin