Condition on join table on a has_many :through isn't created

Hi,

i have a Permissions table with rank_id:integer, group_id:integer and a key:string a group model and a rank model.

The group has_many "virtual permissions" through the join table. Each permission type is identified by the key in the permissions table with a :condition on the has_many association.

But when i add a association through the has_many association it doesn't create the permissions entry with the right key. It just puts NULL into the permissions.key field.

This is my code (the important parts of the models) with a example which operation fails.

http://pastie.org/234328

any ideas?

i wonder if this is a bug or a feature. does anyone know if this behaviour is wanted? ActiveRecord:Associations has_many tells me:

:conditions - Specify the conditions that the associated object must meet in order to be included as a WHERE SQL fragment, such as authorized = 1. ** Record creations from the association are scoped if a hash is used. has_many :posts, :conditions => {:published => true} will create published posts with @blog.posts.create or @blog.posts.build. **

this only works for the joined table not for the join table?