composed_of, aggregate object isn't saved

I am relatively new to rails and I cannot figure out what is going on here. I am using the composed_of method in an ActiveRecord class to create two aggregate properties: shipping_address and billing_address. The object properties are getting populated from the form and validation is working - no problem. When I call order.save, though, everything is being saved except the address fields. I am not getting any errors - it is just that none of the address info is saved to the database. I even ran script/console and manually created and saved an order there - same result.

Anyone have any ideas? Below is the Order class. Thanks.

class Order < ActiveRecord::Base   belongs_to :payment_type   has_many :line_items, :dependent => :delete_all

composed_of :shipping_address,     :class_name => 'Address',     :mapping =>   [     %w(street, street),     %w(street2, street2),     %w(city, city),     %w(state, state),     %w(zip, zip)   ] do |p|     Address.new p[:street], p[:street2], p[:city], p[:state], p[:zip]   end

composed_of :billing_address,     :class_name => 'Address',     :mapping =>   [     %w(billing_street, street),     %w(billing_street2, street2),     %w(billing_city, city),     %w(billing_state, state),     %w(billing_zip, zip)   ] do |p|     Address.new p[:street], p[:street2], p[:city], p[:state], p[:zip]   end

end