Quetzall.com is pleased to announce CloudCache for Ruby on Rails, implementing the ActiveSupport::Cache interface. The gem is open source (Apache License version 2.0) and is available at http://code.google.com/p/cloudcache-ruby/ .
Steps to install and use:
- gem install cloud_cache activesupport right_aws uuidtools
- Sign up for the service at http://quetzall.com - note the Quetzall Access Key and Quetzall Secret Key
- require ‘cloud_cache’ in config/environment.rb
- In app/controllers/application/controller, add:
- CC_ACCESS_KEY = ‘…’
- CC_SECRET_KEY = ‘…’
- ActionController::Base.cache_store = :cloud_cache, “default”, CC_ACCESS_KEY, CC_SECRET_KEY
- restart apache or webbrick or nginx…
The cost of the service is only a nickle per MB-month. Plus, we have a money-back guarantee - if you provide a CloudCache service defect report to the CloudCachews google group which is reproducible, specific, and actionable (bugs, outages, etc.), we will reimburse your service costs for that month. [Disclaimer - service side only; not including the gem logic or anything else on the public side of the CloudCache API).
- Elastic, Secure, Reliable
- Fast! - Latency: 1.5 ms
- Stats - Hits/Misses/Usage
- AJAX or XML output
- Configurable time-to-live for automatic deletion