Clearing a remote form

I'm using a form_remote_tag to create an ajax form, but would like to clear the values in the fields after submitting the form. Is there a way to do this that I am missing or am I going to have to write my own javascript to do it?

Sterling,

The simplest approach I've found is to redraw the form. I'm assuming you've got some kind of rjs file to facilitate returning error messages, etc. Make sure the form is inside a div tag that has a unique id and then if the form is submitted succesfully execute a

page.replace "unique-id", :partial => 'form_partial'

You could theoretically save yourself a small amount of bandwidth by writing some custom javascript, but the cost of loading that javascript on every page load will likely be close to the load created by refreshing the entire form. (assuming the form isn't too large)

Try the :loading => “this.reset();” option, or :loaded, :completed, :after etc depending on when exactly you want it cleared.

Hi Sterling,

Sterling Anderson wrote:\

I'm using a form_remote_tag to create an ajax form, but would like to clear the values in the fields after submitting the form.

If you're using Ajax to submit your form (as suggested) you can just use page.form.reset('name_your_form')

hth, Bill

What also works with AJAX:

:success => “Form.reset(‘HTML ID OF FORM’)”

–Lars