capistrano still asks for the 1st password even though I've set up an ssh key???

Hi,

Background: I've setup an ssh key to avoid having to use passwords with capistrano per Richard's Diary: SSH Keys with Capistrano. A basic ssh to my server does work fine without asking for passwords. I'm using "dreamhost.com" for hosting.

Issue - When I run 'cap deploy' I still get asked for the 1st password (even through the previous 2nd and 3rd password requests are now automated). It is the capistrano command that start with "git clone - q ssh:....." for which the password is being requested.

Question - Is there something I've missed? How can I get "cap deploy" totally passwordless?

Some excerts from config/deploy.rb are:

Greg,

Where is your repository? I wonder if your key is getting you into your shell and then it is prompting for your password to access the repo?

--Tom

it's on the same server - actually got it figured out with help of some others - the following got it working:

set :repository, "/home/me/git_repo/myapp.git" set :local_repository, "ssh://me@mydomain.com/home/me/git_repo/ myapp.git"