Capistrano, Rails, Leopard: Upgrade has broken my capistrano rake.

Hopefully someone here has a better idea of what's going on. For the longest time now I've been using Capistrano to deploy my project from the SVN repository, to the live server.... When Leopard came out from Apple, I upgraded my 2 computers, my iMac I did an upgrade, and my laptop I did a complete re-install of the OS. My business partner did the same thing to his laptop that I did to my iMac.

Ever since then I get the following error when I try to deploy from my machine...

rake aborted! undefined method `' for nil:NilClass

When I run it with --trace I get.

** Invoke remote:cold_deploy (first_time) ** Execute remote:cold_deploy rake aborted! undefined method `' for nil:NilClass /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/capistrano-2.1.0/lib/capistrano/cli/ execute.rb:25:in `execute!' /Users/sw0rdfish/Documents/Rails/talentconnection/config/../lib/tasks/ capistrano.rake:15:in `cap' /Users/sw0rdfish/Documents/Rails/talentconnection/config/../lib/tasks/ capistrano.rake:23

I'd nail it down to the pre-installed software on OS X 10.5, but my business partner can run the command w/o any problems and he's able to deploy my application on his Macbook.

So I'm hoping some Capistrano MEnsa can shed some light on what's going on. I really have very little knowledge of the system, as I didn't set it up... but I'm picking up a lot as I go.

anyway, thanks for any help in advance. sw0rdfish