Capistrano doesn't know port number?

This is a Capistrano question (sorry if those aren't encouraged), but am I understanding this wrong?

[deploy@xxx.xx.xx.xxx] executing command ** [out :: deploy@xxx.xx.xx.xxx] ssh: connect to host xxx.xx.xx.xxx port 22: Connection refused ** [out :: deploy@xxx.xx.xx.xxx] svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

in my deploy.rb I have this:

ssh_options[:keys] = %w(/Users/base/.ssh/id_dsa) ssh_options[:port] = 6666

which I assumed would tell Capistrano to use port 6666. It worked fine through the other tasks that I used but this one doesn't seem to get it. This strikes me as pretty wierd. Any suggestions? I mean it seems like this is something pretty fundamentally wrong on my part.

joshuajnoble wrote:

This is a Capistrano question (sorry if those aren't encouraged), but am I understanding this wrong?

[deploy@xxx.xx.xx.xxx] executing command ** [out :: deploy@xxx.xx.xx.xxx] ssh: connect to host xxx.xx.xx.xxx port 22: Connection refused ** [out :: deploy@xxx.xx.xx.xxx] svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

in my deploy.rb I have this:

ssh_options[:keys] = %w(/Users/base/.ssh/id_dsa) ssh_options[:port] = 6666

which I assumed would tell Capistrano to use port 6666. It worked fine through the other tasks that I used but this one doesn't seem to get it. This strikes me as pretty wierd. Any suggestions? I mean it seems like this is something pretty fundamentally wrong on my part.    I remember struggling with something similar with Capistrano myself. I remember trying the suggestions of adding the server info to the .config file of my .ssh directory and the config file in my subversion directory, but it still blew up during a deploy. I meant to file a bug report with Jamis, but I got lazy.

I'm not in front of my linux box right now, so I can't tell you exactly what my work around was, but I remember it was kind of kludgy.

HTH,

Jamey Cribbs

Yeah, I'm in the midst of trying to get around this, but I would think if this was a real problem (i.e. not implemented, vs just a configuration problem) more people would have noticed it. I mean, not being able to use any port other than 22 seems like it might be a kind of large piece of missing functionality, or am I one of the few people logging in from ports other than 22?

I gave this a try to no avail

def self.connect(server, config, port=6666, &block)      methods = [ %w(publickey hostbased), %w(password keyboard- interactive) ]      password_value = nil

user, server_stripped, pport = parse_server(server)

begin        ssh_options = { :username => (user || config.user),                        :password => password_value,              #:port => ((pport && pport != port) ? pport : port),                 :port => 6666,                 :auth_methods => methods.shift }.merge(config.ssh_options)     Net::SSH.start(server_stripped,ssh_options,&block)   rescue Net::SSH::AuthenticationFailed     raise if methods.empty?     password_value = config.password     retry     end   end

But still no love, so I really don't know where port 22 could be getting defined. Do I have to change my access port in order to use Capistrano?

Josh-

If you have cap 1.4.1 installed then you can set the port for each
server in the role setting:

role :web, "65.76.159.124:6800"

Cap will just do the right thing then.

CHeers- -Ezra

Thanks for the tip. I noticed that when I was looking at the ssh.rb file. I ended up just changing my port.

Having same problems. If you find a cure other than changing port number. Let me know.

Cheers

Zach Inglis

→ Blog – http://www.zachinglis.com

→ Company – http://www.lt3media.com

→ Portfolio – http://portfolio.zachinglis.com

→ Web Designer → Print Designer → Identity Desginer → Ruby on Rails developer → et plus.

→ AIM: zachinglis → MSN: zachinglis@hotmail.com → Others available on request