Capistrano deploy without irs_process_scripts

Hi, I am reading docs to understand how to deploy with Capistrano my ROR webapps.

In guides.rubyonrails.org/2_3_release_notes.html is written: "If you’re one of the (fairly rare) Rails developers who deploys in a fashion that depends on the inspector, reaper, and spawner scripts, you’ll need to know that those scripts are no longer included in core Rails. If you need them, you’ll be able to pick up copies via the irs_process_scripts plugin."

What do the "not fairly rare users" use to deploy without irs_process_scripts (deprecated) plugin ?

thank you, Alessandro DS

Ale Ds wrote:

Hi, I am reading docs to understand how to deploy with Capistrano my ROR webapps.

In guides.rubyonrails.org/2_3_release_notes.html is written: "If you’re one of the (fairly rare) Rails developers who deploys in a fashion that depends on the inspector, reaper, and spawner scripts, you’ll need to know that those scripts are no longer included in core Rails. If you need them, you’ll be able to pick up copies via the irs_process_scripts plugin."

What do the "not fairly rare users" use to deploy without irs_process_scripts (deprecated) plugin ?

Passenger?

thank you, Alessandro DS

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Passenger?

No I am not using Passenger but Apache+Mongrel, in this case have I to use irs_process_scripts ? or maybe is there other way ?

Alessandro DS

We've got monit stopping/starting mongrels.

Fred