cant start from InstantRails suddenly

I'm using InstantRails on WinXP and suddenly when I attempt to start with Mongrel, I get a windows cmd window that opens, flashes some trace or err msgs, and then closes before I can see what it said

* perhaps if I could read those msgs, but I'm not sure how to get the window to stay up when launching from IR... any thoughts there?

* my development.log file is not getting updated with anything

I really cant see anything that changed code-wise other than a text msg that I just changed. I havent changed any configurations either.

So, I'm looking for clues on how I can start tracking where my problem lies given how InstantRails starts an app with Mongrel.

Perhaps you have a mongrel still running from a previous instance of the app. They will be running on the same port. Go to task manager and see if there is ruby process. If so, kill it, then try again.

Hope this helps

Ivor

Open a command window, navigate to your app's root directory, and run mongrel by hand (so you can see the error message). I'm not in my normal environment to look it up (you can probably find it easily), but its something like:

mongrel_rails start

Curt