cant install psql adapter for rails 2.0

hello list,

i set up a new rails instance with the new rails 2.0 lib. i installed rails 2.0 over my earlier version of rails where is add postgres support via gem install postgres

so the error with postgres appears if i set up the database with rake db:create:all the following message appears:

rake aborted! Please install the psql adapter: `gem install activerecord-psql- adapter` (no such file to load -- active_record/connection_adapters/ psql_adapter)

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

i execute the command to install the adapter but there is also an error like this:

Updating metadata for 26 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org .......................... complete ERROR: could not find activerecord-psql-adapter locally or in a repository

i asked google for results of this behavior but it seams to be that my error is only my own :wink:

has anybody a solution for that`?

many thanks to you

[...]

rake aborted! Please install the psql adapter: `gem install activerecord-psql- adapter` (no such file to load -- active_record/connection_adapters/ psql_adapter)

[...]

i asked google for results of this behavior but it seams to be that my error is only my own :wink:

has anybody a solution for that`?

The issue isn't with a missing gem, it is with incorrect database.yml configuration. You need postgresql as the adapter, not psql.

many thanks to you

--Greg

I think the postgresql adapter is built in, you don't need to install the gem. My database.yml has:

development:   adapter: postgresql   database: project_development   username: project   password: whatever   encoding: UTF8

f