cannot bundle install due to missing therubyracer

ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [i686-linux] rails 3.1.3 Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

I have another environment with MacOSX Snow Leopard, and am sharing the Rails project files through Dropbox. When I chose to develop a project further in this Ubuntu machine, I have executed 'bundle install' which gave an error

ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [i686-linux] rails 3.1.3 Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

I have another environment with MacOSX Snow Leopard, and am sharing the Rails project files through Dropbox. When I chose to develop a project further in this Ubuntu machine, I have executed 'bundle install' which gave an error

#--------- Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

Make sure you have all the build environment packages installed. For Ubuntu I do sudo apt-get install build-essential bison openssl libreadline6 libreadline6-dev curl git-core \ zlib1g zlib1g-dev libssl-dev libyaml-dev libxml2-dev autoconf libc6-dev ncurses-dev automake \ libtool

Colin

Thanks for the reply. I have finally got it worked by installing from the source rather than apt-get.

soichi