Can I use session obj without cookie support in browser?

Hi, guys:

I want to use the session object in the rails, but the browser has disabled the cookie support. I store some string into the session obj, but I can't retrieve the string value in another page.

In there any solution to solve the problem?

I have tried add the following code on Application_Controller to store my session into database, but it doesn't work. I still can't get the string value in the session obj.

I have tried add the following code on Application_Controller to store my session into database.

ActionController::Base.session_store = :active_record_store

Possibly helpful:

http://oldwiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowToMaintainSessionWhenCookiesAreNotAllowed

Hi:

Thanks your reply very much. But The "Hidden Field Session" project is not available.

I think that is it possible to append the session_id on the URL, and my rails program can get the session object by the session_id sent from previous page?

It is like the JSP to rewrite the URL and append the jsessionid.

GD wrote:

Hi:

Thanks your reply very much. But The "Hidden Field Session" project is not available.

I think that is it possible to append the session_id on the URL, and my rails program can get the session object by the session_id sent from previous page?

It is like the JSP to rewrite the URL and append the jsessionid.

I would think so too. It amazes me that Rails can't do this. PHP and JSP have both done it for ages.

Best,