cache_classes problem after update to 1.2.2

Hey Everyone,

We recently updated our rails application from 1.1.2 to 1.2.2. While running in development mode prior to the update, class reloading in development mode worked properly. However, after the update we now have to restart the web server for changes to take effect.

our development.rb:

config.cache_classes = false

# Log error messages when you accidentally call methods on nil. config.whiny_nils = true

# Enable the breakpoint server that script/breakpointer connects to config.breakpoint_server = true

# Show full error reports and disable caching config.action_controller.consider_all_requests_local = true config.action_controller.perform_caching = false config.action_view.cache_template_extensions = false config.action_view.debug_rjs = true

# Let us know about problems in action_mailer, since they could be # errors filling templates, not just problems delivering mail. config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true

I tried loading up the configuration in the console. I *think* that the syntax that I used should load up the rails configuration the same way that script/server does, but I am not an expert. What is interesting to me, is that it seems to be properly loading the cache_classes parameter as false.

config = Rails::Configuration.new

=> #<Rails::Configuration:0x312de5c @whiny_nils=false, @cache_classes=false, @action_view=, @log_level=:debug, @database_configuration_file="script/../config/../config/../config/ database.yml", @breakpoint_server=false, @view_path="script/../ config/../config/../app/views", @action_mailer=, @load_once_paths=, @plugin_paths=["script/../config/../config/../ vendor/plugins"], @controller_paths=["script/../config/../config/../ app/controllers", "script/../config/../config/../components", "/Users/ nathan/dev/indigo/trunk/vendor/rails/railties/builtin/rails_info/"], @active_record=, @action_controller=, @load_paths=["script/../ config/../config/../test/mocks/development", "script/../config/../ config/../app/controllers/", "script/../config/../config/../app", "script/../config/../config/../app/models", "script/../config/../ config/../app/controllers", "script/../config/../config/../app/ helpers", "script/../config/../config/../app/apis", "script/../ config/../config/../components", "script/../config/../config/../ config", "script/../config/../config/../lib", "script/../config/../ config/../vendor", "/Users/nathan/dev/indigo/trunk/vendor/rails/ railties/builtin/rails_info/"], @plugins=nil, @action_web_service=, @log_path="script/../config/../config/../log/development.log", @frameworks=[:active_record, :action_controller, :action_view, :action_mailer, :action_web_service]>

Rails::Initializer.run(:process, config)

=> #<Rails::Initializer:0x312acfc @loaded_plugins=["acts_as_attachment", "exception_notification", "searchable"], @configuration=#<Rails::Configuration:0x312de5c @whiny_nils=true, @cache_classes=false, @action_view=[[:cache_template_extensions, false], [:debug_rjs, true]], @log_level=:debug, @database_configuration_file="script/../ config/../config/../config/database.yml", @breakpoint_server=true, @view_path="script/../config/../config/../app/views", @action_mailer=[[:raise_delivery_errors, true]], @load_once_paths=, @plugin_paths=["script/../config/../config/../vendor/plugins"], @controller_paths=["script/../config/../config/../app/controllers", "script/../config/../config/../components", "/Users/nathan/dev/indigo/ trunk/vendor/rails/railties/builtin/rails_info/"], @active_record=, @action_controller=[[:consider_all_requests_local, true], [:perform_caching, false]], @load_paths=["script/../config/../ config/../test/mocks/development", "script/../config/../config/../app/ controllers/", "script/../config/../config/../app", "script/../ config/../config/../app/models", "script/../config/../config/../app/ controllers", "script/../config/../config/../app/helpers", "script/../ config/../config/../app/apis", "script/../config/../config/../ components", "script/../config/../config/../config", "script/../ config/../config/../lib", "script/../config/../config/../vendor", "/ Users/nathan/dev/indigo/trunk/vendor/rails/railties/builtin/ rails_info/"], @plugins=nil, @action_web_service=, @log_path="script/../config/../config/../log/development.log", @frameworks=[:active_record, :action_controller, :action_view, :action_mailer, :action_web_service]>>

config.cache_classes

=> false

RAILS_ENV

=> "development"

exit

If the config.cache_classes property is getting set properly, why would class reloading in development mode stop working between the versions?

I do not know what other diagnostic information would be useful to resolve this problem, please let me know. I googled a bit and was unable to find anyone having similar problems.

-Nathan