<button type="button"

Hi    I would like to construct a button like <button type="button" onclick="javascript:test();" class="form-button2 fixed3"><span>Add </span></button>

And I used the helper button_to_remote for this like

<%= button_to_remote("<span>Add</span>",         { :url => some_url(@id),     :condition => "check_valid()",                 :with=> "'ids='+user_ids"},     {:class => "form-button2 fixed3"}         ) %>

I get the functionality correctly But it produces html like

<input type"button" class="form-button2 fixed3"......../> So ignoring css style

Please tell me which helper to use to get html like <button type="button"...

Thanks in advance Tom

Hi    Did not get ny reply. Please help. It is urgent

Tom

Tom Mac wrote:

Hi    Did not get ny reply. Please help. It is urgent

Tom

Bumping after 5 hours doesn't make people want to help you.

Best,

Hi    You are right. But still the problem. Please help if possible

Tom

I don't think there is a method you'll be able to use to generate a <button> tag. There seem to be some compatibility issues with that tag. I guess you have your reasons to be using <button> instead of <input type="button">. In any case, since the call to button_to_remote will just generate a string that will be passed back to the browser as html maybe you can just hack something with a regex and manipulate the result of button_to_remote to replace the initial '<input' with '<button'. I don't know if that will work but it could be worth a try?

You can always just put the raw html in yourself.

Colin

Hi    Finally I solved like

<button type="button" onclick="if (check_valid()) {             new Ajax.Request('<%= some_url(@id) %>', { asynchronous:true,             evalScripts:true,             parameters:'ids='+user_ids            });};" class="form-button2 fixed3"><span>Add </span></button>

And may I conclude that there is no helper which gives exact raw html like <button type="button

Tom