Bundle Install ERROR: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

Hello,

I'm trying to setup postgreSQL onto rails on linux and when I type bundle install this is the error that i get. I guess its not finding the files

Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/home/taka/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/ruby extconf.rb checking for bzlib.h... no checking for BZ2_bzWriteOpen() in -lbz2... no *** extconf.rb failed *** Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:   --with-opt-dir   --with-opt-include   --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include   --with-opt-lib   --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib   --with-make-prog   --without-make-prog   --srcdir=.   --curdir   --ruby=/home/taka/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/ruby   --with-bz2-dir   --without-bz2-dir   --with-bz2-include   --without-bz2-include=${bz2-dir}/include   --with-bz2-lib   --without-bz2-lib=${bz2-dir}/lib   --with-bz2lib   --without-bz2lib libbz2 not found, maybe try manually specifying --with-bz2-dir to find it?

Gem files will remain installed in /home/taka/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194/gems/bzip2-ruby-0.2.7 for inspection. Results logged to /home/taka/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194/gems/bzip2-ruby-0.2.7/ext/gem_make.out An error occurred while installing bzip2-ruby (0.2.7), and Bundler cannot continue. Make sure that `gem install bzip2-ruby -v '0.2.7'` succeeds before bundling.

You need to install the BZ compression library, including it's header files, usually in libbz2-dev or libbz2-devel.

HTH,   Jeffrey

Quoting Tak G. <lists@ruby-forum.com>:

Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote in post #1077565:

You need to install the BZ compression library, including it's header files, usually in libbz2-dev or libbz2-devel.

HTH,   Jeffrey

Quoting Tak G. <lists@ruby-forum.com>:

worked great! thank you so much