Bond - A gem which autocompletes method arguments in rails console

Hi, Announcing bond, a gem which enhances autocompletion in the rails console by autocompleting method arguments. It comes with the ability to autocomplete attribute/column names for any model's class methods (i.e. create and new) and instance methods (i.e. update_attribute(s)). It can also autocomplete options (hash keys) to class methods such AR::Base.establish_connection, find, and all. Users can also define their own argument autocompletions for any method. To see a screencast of bond in action, see Tagaholic - Screencast Of Argument Autocompletion for Methods in Irb (starting at 3:15 for rails examples).

To install:    gem install bond

For more: * Source: GitHub - cldwalker/bond: Mission: Easy custom autocompletion for arguments, methods and beyond. Accomplished for irb and any other readline-like console environments. * Docs: Bond 0.2.2 Documentation * Homepage: Tagaholic - bond

Enjoy, Gabriel

cldwalker wrote:

Hi, Announcing bond, a gem which enhances autocompletion in the rails console by autocompleting method arguments. It comes with the ability to autocomplete attribute/column names for any model's class methods (i.e. create and new) and instance methods (i.e. update_attribute(s)). It can also autocomplete options (hash keys) to class methods such AR::Base.establish_connection, find, and all. Users can also define their own argument autocompletions for any method. To see a screencast of bond in action, see Tagaholic - Screencast Of Argument Autocompletion for Methods in Irb (starting at 3:15 for rails examples).

That is quite cool. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile: