Blank Pages rendered from view

For some reason, any code in my view folder that contains <% form_tag do %> followed by text and variables only produces a blank page with no errors. If I remove the form_tag statements and leave only text, the page is displayed fine.

I tried putting <%= @content_for_layout%> in my layout/application.rhtml file based on a recommendation from another post but it did not help.

The file is actually my login.rhtml used in acts_as_authenticated but I have tried all kinds of simplified variations and have concluded that the problem stems from that fact that for some reason, the form_tag do command cannot display it's output. I'm kinda stuck at the moment and any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The code from login.rhtml: <% form_tag do -%> <p><label for="login">Login</label><br/> <%= text_field_tag 'login' %></p>

<p><label for="password">Password</label><br/> <%= password_field_tag 'password' %></p>

<!-- Uncomment this if you want this functionality <p><label for="remember_me">Remember me:</label> <%= check_box_tag 'remember_me' %></p> -->

<p><%= submit_tag 'Log in' %></p> <% end -%>

Hi Chucky,

Chucky wrote:

For some reason, any code in my view folder that contains <% form_tag do %> followed by text and variables only produces a blank page with no errors.

I've not worked with the ... 'do', but if not too much has changed, it might be because you're not telling Rails to render your form tags. Try ... <%= form_tag ...

hth, Bill

If I remove the form_tag statements and leave only text, the

Chucky wrote:

For some reason, any code in my view folder that contains <% form_tag do %> followed by text and variables only produces a blank page with no errors. If I remove the form_tag statements and leave only text, the page is displayed fine.

What version of Rails are you using? Using a block with form_tag was only introduced on October 24th:

http://www.loudthinking.com/arc/2006_10.html

so unless you are on Edge or using the release candidate for 1.2, it won't work for you.

regards

Justin