blank ireports from jasper

hi all

i have successfully integrated jasper with my application but the problem is that when i m generating reports thru it...its giving me a blank rtf file......

if i write a xml file its giving me the xml data but the conversion of xml to text is not taking place...

Is there a way to solve it

pls let me know

thanks

Hi, First, lets say that I am not using ireports from jasper, I am using BIRT on glassfish and have it integrated through html links. I would first check out the database statement that you are issuing, as sometimes if data on joins it may not bring back anything. If that sql statement gives you a result set, I would try running the report on a local machine where the repository is, to see if you get results. If you are successful with running the report on the db machine, run it on another machine outside of your program. If successful there run it on that machine, check to see if your program can connect to the database.

I know that jasper, like birt , is a java program and it needs to be run on a java server. Integration is usually done through links, but can be fully integrated if you use jRuby. If you do it through html links, take a look at the servers log files, they usually are a gold mine of information.

WW

i think you should check your log info. if not,check the component size,assure it is proper in the band.

Vincent.Z wrote:

i think you should check your log info. if not,check the component size,assure it is proper in the band.

On 3��5��, ����8ʱ31��, Dhaval Parikh <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

Compiling to file... ./custrep.jasper -> /opt/jasperserver-2.1/ireport/bin/customer_report.java Errors compiling ./custrep.jasper. net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error saving expressions class file : /opt/jasperserver-2.1/ireport/bin/customer_report_1204782512448_72908.java at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRSaver.saveClassSource(JRSaver.java:171) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.getSourceFile(JRAbstractCompiler.java:297) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.createCompileUnit(JRAbstractCompiler.java:271) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:168) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:587) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:675) Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/jasperserver-2.1/ireport/bin/customer_report_1204782512448_72908.java (Permission denied) at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

this is the error i m getting

can ne one tell me how to sove it

thanks

ok i figured it out there was some java installation problem and it wasnt able to locate the java.io file..So integration is now done

can ne one now tell me if they have generated graph dynamically using ireport?? if so pls tell me the method for it

thanks