BlackBook Gem

Hi All

I am new to BlackBook Gem , and i am really exited to implement this utility in my web application to enable the users of my website to fetch their contacts from the AOL , Yahoo , Gmail etc.

My Application is implemented in PHP. So please suggest me how to use blackbook gem with my existing PHP application.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks Gaurav

Hi All

I am new to BlackBook Gem , and i am really exited to implement this utility in my web application to enable the users of my website to
fetch their contacts from the AOL , Yahoo , Gmail etc.

My Application is implemented in PHP. So please suggest me how to use blackbook gem with my existing PHP application.

It's a ruby library. You can only access it from ruby, so I suggest
you learn some ruby

Fred

Gaurav,

You can have rails and PHP co-existing in the same server, but you would have to "glue" the applications together... You cannout use the gem directly in your PHP application.

Cheers, Sazima

Sazima wrote:

Gaurav,

You can have rails and PHP co-existing in the same server, but you would have to "glue" the applications together... You cannout use the gem directly in your PHP application.

Cheers, Sazima

On Jan 9, 8:46�am, Gaurav Sharma <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

Hi Sazima,

Thanks for your response , can i invoke the ruby file/application that is using gem and returning the output to the PHP variable or i need to develop an web service in ruby and to invoke that web service from PHP.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks Gaurav

Well, you could develop a shell script / rake task or something like this, but I think its cleaner to do it via web service.

Cheers, Sazima