Can we call php function in Rails ?

Hi all ,

I have a small doubt , Can we call a php function in Rails . Is there any Interpreter or a Bridge in which Rails application can talk to a Php File and call a specific method from php file . Thanks in Advance

Thanks Marnen for your Suggestions

Out of the two solutions you have suggested , which one will provide better performance ,

If i create the PHP app as an external Web Service and and call the method , My application should always be dependent on the Apache Server and this may afftect the performance of the Application and using webservice there may be time delay inorder to talk with the Apache Server and get the desired result

How about the Second option’s performance ? since i havent tried it .

Regards, Srinivas

Srinivas Iyer wrote:

Thanks Marnen for your Suggestions

Out of the two solutions you have suggested , which one will provide better performance ,

I have no idea.

If i create the PHP app as an external Web Service and and call the method , My application should always be dependent on the Apache Server and this may afftect the performance of the Application and using webservice there may be time delay inorder to talk with the Apache Server and get the desired result

Yes, that's true. Is this a big deal?

How about the Second option's performance ? since i havent tried it .

Neither have I. And I've only really used the first option in developing Facebook apps (and in those cases, it was wrapped by Facebooker).

Regards, Srinivas

Best,