I'm looking for recommendations for a simple, stable way to accomplish
Here's the scenario:
- whenever a user visits my app, I need to fire off a method that
launches some API calls.
- the user sees a 'loading' screen until the method returns some 15-20
I've installed BackgrounDRB and am running it with thread pooling. This
works, but the job server crashes after a little while (I don't know how
many concurrent threads each worker is supposed to handle...)
I'm looking for a solution that's as simple, lightweight and stable as
possible for what I need to do. Ideally it wouldn't involve monitoring a
Right now I'm debating between:
- trying to fix BackgrounDRb
- installing Backgroundjob, which is self-spawning and hopefully more
- using spawn, either with forking or threading
What kind of setup would you run?