AWDWR 2nd edition and REST

Question, and I'll preface it by asking if this is the right list to be posting questions regarding anything past Rails 1.1.6 , (i.e. edgerails) ?

In the latest revision of AWDWR there is a sample REST based app. During the creation of the controller and actions, there is a foot note that says:

"7. By the time you're reading this, there may well be support build into Rails to create these RESTful controllers automatically."

So wondering first if there is a way to generate the controllers automagically , and / or where can I go to read up on if it does exist ? Is there a seperate list for edgerails ? I'm still a newb and I am not sure reading through the code will help me at this point.

TIA Stuart

So wondering first if there is a way to generate the controllers automagically , and / or where can I go to read up on if it does exist

? Is there a seperate list for edgerails ? I’m still a newb and I am not sure reading through the code will help me at this point.

Playing around w/ CRUD+REST, I used CrudGenerator2 (http://code.google.com/p/crudgenerator2/)

-Ryan

I tried it out and it seems pretty cool I need to dig in a bit more. However I was under the impression from this footnote in Dave's book that perhaps Edge itself was going to have something built in. Maybe I'm wrong.

Stuart

It might well do, over the next few weeks or maybe months. DHH talked about a restful scaffold generator today at Euro RailsConf. As of this morning, it was still not written :slight_smile:

Dave

Come on Dave, get him cracking on it!

Stuart