AR type mismatch problem

I am getting this error when trying to assign a Cart instance to a parent.cart has_one assoc.

ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch in CustomerOrdersController#create Cart(#2188120600) expected, got Cart(#2198420140)

I can get it to work in the console but not in my app... I imagine I am doing something screwy in the app, but, I'm confused by the mismatch error as it says the two class instances are both of the same class.

Thoughts?

Not sure, but a possibility is that one of the 2 Cart classes is

really MyModule::Cart and the other ::Cart . You may check if

you have defined class Cart in a module. Maybe you then

need to use the fully qualified name ::Cart or MyModule::Cart.

HTH,

Peter

Thanks for the feedback. Both Carts are definitely the same Class (no modules are at play). Everything works perfectly in the console. It blows up when the app runs as Dev.

After I reboot the local server the first time the request is passed I do NOT have the mismatch error. All subsequent calls blow up however.

Thoughts?

Thanks, EG

Hard to tell without seeing code, but it sounds distinctly like you've got the classic "putting ActiveRecord objects into the session" problem. In development mode, this breaks in exactly this sort of bizarre way because the classes are reloaded between requests.

--Matt Jones

...Or just reloaded classes in development. You can verify if this is, in fact, the problem by changing the:   config.cache_classes = false to   config.cache_classes = true and possibly   config.action_controller.perform_caching = true # usually false in development

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com http://AgileConsultingLLC.com/ rab@GaslightSoftware.com http://GaslightSoftware.com/

Thanks for the inout guys. Sessions are at play, but I'm only storing the Cart's id. I'll try the config.cache_classes setting and get back to you.

EG

config.cache_classes = true worked. But that opens up a whole new issue right? IE reboot server after each model edit?!

Thoughts? PS thanks for the help so far.

EG