AssociationTypeMismatch / Model Caching in development envirnment

Hi there—

I'm trying to get started with Rails, and I've run into this issue and searched high and low--so hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction.

I'm having an issue where my model classes seem to be getting cached by something, and so if I make subsequent requests, I get an AssociationTypeMismatch error. To be specific, on update is where it fails, and I get:

ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch in ArticlesController#update Category(#2159283720) expected, got Category(#2154954600)

So sometimes this is successful, and the POST requests are identical.

I can change the 'config.cache_classes = false' to true in the config/environments/development to true and i won't get the error anymore, but then I have to reload the server every time I make a change.

I read that plugins could be caching it since they don't reload for every request, but I don't think I'm using any plugins, so I'm guessing that isn't it.

I can't figure out where to look next and would appreciate any help you can offer.

I'm running Ruby 1.9.2p0 and Rails 3.0.1 on OS X 10.6.4. You can download the code that I'm trying to work on at http://github.com/downloads/ccjr/blog/chapter08.zip (I'm trying to work through this Apress book). When you load up the page, you need to log in to edit, and the login is 'mary@example.com' : 'guessit'.

Any pointers or ideas?