apache with rails

can someone please tell me how to use apache web server with rails. I am new to rails and I do not know much about it. Please help me...

Gautam wrote:

can someone please tell me how to use apache web server with rails. I am new to rails and I do not know much about it. Please help me...

Dear Gautam,        Please refer the below url And follow the steps from the url . You will be able to use apace web server with rails . Url is         http://www.howtoforge.com/ruby_on_rails_debian_etch

Sir, Thanks a lot for you reply. But, I am using Windows 7 and the tutorial that you provided is about using RoR with apache on Debian. Can you please tell me how to use it on Windows.

Gautam wrote:

Sir, Thanks a lot for you reply.
But, I am using Windows 7 and the tutorial that you provided is about
using RoR with apache on Debian.
Can you please tell me how to use it on Windows.

The most common method for using RoR with Apache is Passenger (aka mod_rails) but it is not implemented on Windows. I think you could try fastcgi but I think that is not a desirable option. Could you run Linux as a guest on your Windows system to give you the ability to use a good solution. The majority of RoR users use either Linux or the Mac so that is where the tools are.

Norm