Announcing www.echomarket.org

Writing from rural Virginia. I just finished the first phase of my web-site: www.echomarket.org. It's a goodwill resource for borrowing, lending, donating and even trading nonperishable/ethical items. Of course, written in Ruby on Rails. Would gladly provide a guest username and password if you would like to explore in more depth. Also the app level code is available at github, the README file will give you some background. Would love some feedback... For the moment the site loads a bit slowly because I haven't activated caching yet. I am looking for work as a junior-level telecommuter. Thanks, Liz

It is always a good idea to validate you website html before making it public. See

Thanks! Never knew about this service. Really thanks.... Will do immediately.

For pages that need login you can view the source in the browser, copy the whole thing, and paste it into a form on the validation site. I find it invaluable.

Colin

Dear Colin,

I do not know to express myself here. I am so grateful! I made the fixes and my site has passed validation site criteria. You were so gracious to set up the validation site for me.

My many thanks. Can we stay in touch?

Sincerely,

Elizabeth McGurty

Do you mind if on GitHub I attribute guidance to you?

Liz

Dear Colin,

I do not know to express myself here. I am so grateful! I made the fixes and my site has passed validation site criteria. You were so gracious to set up the validation site for me.

I did not set anything up, merely pointed you to the w3c validator site. It is them you should thank.

My many thanks. Can we stay in touch?

I am usually here on this list.

Cheers

Colin

I don't mind, but as I said I merely pointed you to the site.

Colin

Hi Emm, No one has that right to scold or point at you. It’s up to you to seek help from this group. Don mind all this winds which come on your way… Jus go head with your good work.

If *privately* providing feedback *which you requested* on your app constitutes "scolding" -- guilty as charged.

Won't make that mistake again!