I just wanted to point out a new positioning library we open-sourced
A couple reasons this is a nice option for positioning:
* ARel! From the ground up this library uses ARel so sorts can be
chained like any order() statement.
* Multiple rankers for a single model.
* Group sorted items by a common column or any scope.
* Fewer database writes with a new position storage strategy.
* Rspec! This lib is well tested.
I think it's a great solution for a common problem Rails folk often
need to address. Any feedback or questions are welcome!
PS- Harvest is hiring Rails devs at all skill levels: http://www.getharvest.com/careers